Welcome

Thanks for dropping by to take a look at some of my thoughts and ideals. Hope you will let me know if this has been helpful, useful, inspiring or whatever, and remember to come back soon.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

It's catch up time!

Well the last time I posted I was telling you all about a beautiful quilt that I had quilted for my friend Pat.  Well here are the pictures I promised!


 
This is a picture of the quilt after I had quilted it.  Beautiful and when I saw it I thought that must be a Fonz and Porter pattern.  So I just had to ask and believe it or not I was right.  Here are some of the pictures of individual blocks also.
 
I love this star block.  Really simple but so awesome looking!
 
Pat did a great job on this Eagle block.

The colors of the fabric is one of the things that makes this quilt so very beautiful.
Great job Pat!

Now this is a small item and I didn't ask if she was going to use this for a pillow top or what exactly she had planned.  Maybe a small table topper? 

In addition to working on Pat's quilt last week I spent a lot of time working on this memory quilt for Savannah.  These shirts belonged to her Dad who was a avid hunter and fisherman.  Some of the shirts were so worn they had holes in them and I had to put a piece of fabric behind the print and then put the non-woven interfacing on that.  This picture shows the pieces of the shirts just cut out and laid out on the bed to see how the pattern was working.  Actually took me and Peggy the better part of a morning just to cut the logos from the shirts.

This patch is from a gimme cap and I just cut out the Logo and then I zigzag it down on the top of the quilt top before quilting.

This is one of the cap patchs after being sewn down to the top of the quilt.  The stripp8ng between the blocks, in case you were wondering is some of his cotton shirts that she brought.
 
 
So this is part of my catching up and showing you some pictures of a couple of the things I have been working on.  I hope you all enjoy the pictures!  Have a great quilty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment