|This is a picture of the blocks and I think the quilting did make the right|
portions of the block pop up.
|Since the object of the quilting in the background here was to |
pull it down so the other pieces seemed to pop up I did not want
to draw attention to the quilting by putting a contrasting
color in this area. The object was to minimize.
|Picture #1 |
As you can see, some of the flowers turned out better than others. The yellow (Picture #14) just did not pop on the background fabric, so I didn't do very many yellow flowers. I thought the picture of the thistle was great but it was much prettier to me in the blue (Picture #9). I did do violets in groups and as a single flower and I did the fuchsia in the same manner. You will notice the green around the flowers. This was the branching or vines that pulled all of the quilting together and it was done with a verigated green thread. There is a green bush shown in the fabric with the pagoda and I tried to duplicate this in the large outer border.
I really enjoyed quilting this quilt. My biggest problem was I got behind on my other quilting while I was trying to finish this so had to take it off my machine before it was finished and for some reason I let this lay in my quilting room, folded up for more than a year before I decided on the 4th of July to declare my independence from a UFO (unfinished object) and put it back on my machine. The really interesting part is when I put it back on the machine and started quilting again I was finished in just a couple of hours. I really don't know why I put it off so long, but am so happy I finally kicked myself into finishing this project. Well it is almost finished. My friend Peggy has the quilt now, putting the binding on for me. There just isn't anything as wonderful as a great friend, but a finished quilt runs a close race.
I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures in quilting, my trials and triumphs. Let me know how you are doing with your projects. I love hearing from my blogger buddies.